Thursday 16 October 2008

12th October 2007




G'box and Rear Panel................


Next up was getting the gearbox in place along with the prop. All fairly straight forward. The metal edges of the rubber g'box mount needed trimming to allow it to sit flush in/on the mount welded on the chassis. Then had to drill 4 holes through the welded plate and the metal surround on the rubber mount to enable all to be bolted together!! Once the g'box was put in place and the prop attached all bolted together!

I made, what i think now was a very wise decision to buy a compressor. It added about £150 to the budget which was a pain, but it meant i could run an air riveter which saved me soooooooooo much time!! I've in excess of 1000 rivets and wore the first riveter out!! But also meant i could use the grinder and sanders.

This leads me onto the first of the ally panels. The rear seat back panel. I had some metal drill bits and started to drill the 4mm holes, but, the very first hole and the drill bits were useless. Each bit blunted after one hole and each hole took forever!! My intial thought was 'this sucks' my second was 'im never going to have this done by summer 08'!! I went to a local nuts'n'bolts factors and bought four 4mm Doorma bits and with these its like drilling through cheese!! Used 3 and have 1 left!






No comments: